It's Monday once again -- the day we share the CSA Share Ninja Rescue, a weekly feature in which you tell me on Fridays what veg you got in your CSA share box (or found at the farmers' market) that you don't know what to do with and I'll give you a whole bunch of recipe ideas on the following Monday.
While I am still desperately waiting for tomatoes to start flooding the farmers' markets, beans are more than plentiful. Speaking from experience, there are only so many times your family will tolerate dinner with a side of steamed green beans before crying uncle. So this week we've got some fun and creative ways to use 'em up.
- Peach and green bean pasta: A seemingly odd combination but a wonderful summery dish -- trust me!
- Dilly beans: Pickle 'em quickly in the fridge, pop 'em in a Bloody Mary
- Green bean slaw: I love this as a side -- can't wait to try it on an egg sandwich (as shown)
- Tomato-green bean salad with shallot dressing: Great summer side, turn it into a main dish salad with a little chicken
- Green bean fries: These are fries you won't feel guilty about having with a big juicy burger
- Paprika shrimp and green bean saute: Zesty, with a hint of Mediterranean flavor
- Green beans with salumi vinaigrette: Veg meat charcuterie? I'm all in.
- Thai green curry with sweet potato, green beans and chicken: An easy weeknight Thai dinner
What did you get in your CSA box or pick up at the farmers' market this week? The Ninj wants to know.