Let the great summer zucchini onslaught begin!
I tried to include both traditional and non-traditional ideas for using zucchini; there's only so many times you can serve sauteed zucchini as a side dish without your family looking weary, am I right?
As always, if you need help with a veggie you've received in your CSA share, leave a comment below or send me an email before this coming Friday.
Recipes suggestions are posted on Mondays.
- Zucchini chips: Near and dear to my heart, as these are my only official prize-winning recipe.
- Zucchini pecan cake: Whether you make it as a cake or muffins (minus the frosting), this recipe from In Praise of Leftovers is a winner.
- Lemony zucchini goat cheese pizza: I love this easy, unusual recipe from Smitten Kitchen -- perfect for casual summer dining.
- Cream of zucchini soup: I just discovered this one from The Meaning of Pie -- easy and delicious, my favorite combination!
- Morning glory muffins: Just substitute shredded zucchini for the carrots called for in this great breakfast muffin recipe.
What's your favorite way to prepare zucchini? The Ninj wants to know.
[Shared with the What's in the Box? link party]