Hopefully by now I don't need to remind you how CSA Share Ninja Rescue works -- but I guess I will anyway. You tell me what veg you received (or will be receiving) in your CSA share box or found at the farmers' market that you don't know what to do with, and The Ninj rescues you each Tuesday with a whole bunch of recipe ideas from me and my favorite fellow food bloggers.
Nearly two months into The Rescue (now in its fourth year!), this week we're tackling one of everyone's favorites: cucumbers! Seriously: Do you know anyone who doesn't like cucumbers? (Don't answer that because, if you do, that's just freakin' cray cray and I don't want to meet him or her.)
1) Best-evah dill pickles
2) Curry pickles (from Homemade Trade)
3) Verde Mary cocktail (from Beard and Bonnet)
4) Skinny cucumber salad (from Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
5) Asian pork burgers with quick pickled cucumbers
6) Cucumber rolls with pesto shrimp salad (from Southern Boy Dishes)
7) Dilly cucumber dip (from Bakeaholic Mama)
8) Cilantro cucumber boozy lemonade (from Nutmeg Nanny)
9) Chilled cucumber and avocado soup (from Inspired Edibles)
Ya good with your cukes? Never fear: Simply check out the recipe suggestions from prior years of the CSA Share Ninja Rescue for whatever veg is giving you fits.
Now, friends -- what produce can I help you with for next week's roundup? Leave a comment: The Ninj wants to know.