We're about halfway through the 2014 edition of the CSA Share Ninja Rescue, in which you get weekly seasonal produce recipes by request all summer long. Heck yeah! Just tell me each week what produce from your CSA share (or garden or farmers' market) is giving you fits, and I talk you down from the ledge with a list of delicious, healthy recipes on Tuesdays.
This week, we're talking sweet, fresh corn. Nothing says summer quite like just-picked corn, does it? But if you're wearying of the usual boiled corn-on-the-cob with a pat of butter, check out these nine delicious ways to enjoy this sunny summer favorite.
No need for corn recipes? No problem: There are dozens of other recipe suggestions from the past three years of the CSA Share Ninja Rescue for whatever other produce might be stumping your culinary creativity right now.
1) Quinoa salad with fresh corn and tomatoes
2) Sweet corn ice cream (from Living Mostly Meatless via Nutmeg Nanny)
3) Smoky corn chowder
4) Spicy Southwest corn (from Shared Appetite)
5) Pasta with corn and smoked mozzerella (from Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
6) Sweet corn risotto with farmer's cheese (from Kitchen Apparel)
7) Grilled black bean and corn salad (from Healthy Food Happy Life)
8) Spicy sausage and summer squash skillet -- with grilled corn (from Barefeet in the Kitchen)
9) Siracha-glazed bacon-wrapped corn on the cob (from Bakeaholic Mama)
And remember: The Ninj take requests, so be sure to leave a produce suggestion in the comments below.