- Zucchini/potato/parsnip pancakes (you can use carrots rather than parsnips -- make them with the baked eggs as a main dish or without as a side)
- Gemelli with broccoli rabe, bacon and chickpeas (comfort-foodish -- definitely stir in a handful of parmesan cheese before serving)
- Gnocchi with shrimp, asparagus and pesto (I substituted green beans for non-seasonal asparagus and used my own homemade pesto)
- Dijon croque monsieur (oui, oui -- it's even more magnifique if you make your own bread!)
- Blueberry and lemon scones (giant and filling -- use whatever berries are in season)
- Zucchini pecan cake (I left off the frosting so that I could pass this off as breakfast cake -- it was wicked!)
Let me know how you like these, or if you make any of your own substitutions/improvements.
Happy long weekend!