It's Monday, which means it's time again for the CSA Share Ninja Rescue, a weekly feature in which you tell me on Fridays what veg you got in your CSA share box (or found at the farmers' market) that you don't know what to do with and I'll give you a whole bunch of recipe ideas on the following Monday.
I'm jealous of those south of me who are already enjoying tomatoes and corn. I am salivating just thinking about it. Here in Vermont, we're still so water-logged that the only thing that I seem to be growing is fungus.
However, my herbs are doing well, as they are for my readers, who this week have requested ideas for using up copious amounts of lavender, rosemary and sage.
(Bonus: most of the recipes below call for fresh herbs but, if you've truly got herbal bounty, don't forget to dry some of them to use throughout the non-summer months!)
LavenderWhat's coming in right now in your garden? The Ninj wants to know.
- Seared ahi tuna with lavender-pepper crust: An aromatic dinner party dish
- Lavender tea bread: Gorgeous and delicious
- Blueberry lavender vodka spritzer: What luck -- it's blueberry season right now, too!
- Lavender simple syrup: Use it in cocktails, in your tea or even on pancakes
- Rosemary bread: An aromatic cheese bread -- yum!
- Rosemary and garlic roasted pork tenderloin: Rosemary and pork make a classic pairing
- Ginger-rosemary lemon drop cocktails: Crisp and refreshing
- Rosemary roasted cashews: A unique cocktail snack