Welcome back! Regular readers know that Monday is the day we share the CSA Share Ninja Rescue, a weekly feature in which you tell me on Fridays what veg you got in your CSA share box (or found at the farmers' market) that you don't know what to do with and I'll give you a whole bunch of recipe ideas on the following Monday.
(Since summer is winding down, we're getting to the last few installments of the Rescue for this year. If you need help with some veg, be sure to let me know quickly!)
This week: corn! In my opinion, it's one of the things that makes summer so wonderful.
And traditional corn-on-the-cob is always a tasty option, whether you boil it, grill it, slather it in butter or just eat it plain. But have you considered some other ways to prepare sweet summer corn?
I discovered, after making a fresh corn salad (pictured) for the first time a few years ago that I actually prefer it raw in salads. You can just zip it right off the cob and it's ready to go (the OXO corn zipper will be your new best friend).
Here are nine delicious ways to enjoy all that awesome summer corn -- and none of them involve the cob!
- Smoky Corn Chowder: Bacon and corn are a winning combination in this hearty chowder
- Fresh Corn Salad: Easy to prepare, gorgeous to behold and super delicious (pictured above)
- Corn Pudding: Because sometimes you need comfort food in the summer, too
- Corn and Broccoli Calzones: A fresh, unique take on a traditional calzone
- Corn Fritters: A great summer side
- Best-Evah Cornbread: Not lyin' -- it's the best! Enjoy with a bowl of chili.
- Corn with Bacon and Mushrooms: Just as yummy a side for breakfast as it is for dinner
- Bacon Cheddar Corn Muffins: How about slathering this savory muffin with some tomato jam?
- Sweet Corn Cocktail: Of course there's a boozy corn cocktail!
What's your favorite way to eat corn? Leave a comment: The Ninj wants to know.